This week has been a happy fog of sorts. Here’s why:
1. Traditional partaking of mud pie at Elmo’s on Valentine’s Day. Served warm, with cold vanilla ice cream on top and hot fudge.
2. Incredibly warm weather that seduced me to the South. Today’s high is 75F and before that, it was in high 60s. That brings me to:
3. First wearing of Birkenstocks. I love my Birkenstocks, and I love them even more knowing that they can be repaired (I had the sole/cork pad replaced but kept the straps intact. No break in period, and shoes are like new!).
4. Daylight bike rides on the “new” tandem. Feels a lot like playing hooky, mostly because it is not supposed to be this nice and delightful in February, but there you have it.
5. Finishing baby vests for a neighbor’s pair of twins. It’s a special kind of high.
6. Going to the comic bookstore for the first time in a long time and happily reading through a pile of comics. Right now I’m enjoying Cursed Pirate Girl by Jeremy Bastian (highly recommended).
7. Green buds on the peach tree.
8. Possibly more of that happy fog for the weekend (it’s in the 60s). Have a good one!