Happy Friday the 13th. Er, a most auspicious day to end a good week. How good was it? Let’s count the ways:
1) I went back to the shelter to work with dogs after a month’s hiatus. I felt ridiculously happy afterwards and there may have been goofy grins all around. That brings me to…
2) My leg is a little better. It’s been hurting for a little over six months, and just last month or so I’ve been to a doctor and a physical therapist. I really have no clue how my leg started hurting or why, but as of now I’ve got a handle on how the pain is triggered and aggravated, so that’s a start. And of course, there’s physical therapy (ow).
4) It’s going to be summer soon, because I just bought tickets to this year’s American Dance Festival. We’ll be seeing old favorites as well as some new companies.
5) I finished a book this week– Lonely Werewolf Girl by Martin Millar, and it’s absolutely hilarious. Just imagine Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but with werewolves replacing vampires. Add a bloodthirsty and savage Scottish clan and you’ve got workings of a trying-to-be-serious-but-epic-fail fun novel. If you’re looking for something fun and entertaining and easy to read, definitely read his books.
6) Cucumbers are in the market! This heralds a return to pickles. (Must write up a post soon for the much-neglected Accidental Southerner).
7) Is it good that I finished Angry Birds Rio’s May games in a few hours? I’m not sure what is so satisfying about blowing things up and getting rid of monkeys but it is addictive, fun, very doable and again, did I say addictive? Maybe while waiting for the new games, I should try to play Portal2…apparently it is quite a game, and not like most video games.
8) Netflix’s application for iPad just added subtitles, so I can watch streaming movies and tv shows, and I’ve just discovered that they have all the episodes of Young Indiana Jones. It’s nice to know that I can finally watch the shows of my childhood that I was not allowed to watch (seriously- I grew up in an Iron Tiger Mom household).
9) This post about dogs who played a role in war. The photos are awesome.
10) I don’t really have a #10, other than enjoy the weekend and for Northerners, your much-awaited spring.